The Brownsville Area School District will administer the Winter Keystone Retake Exams according to the following schedule:
- The Algebra Keystone Exams will be administered on December 4 & 5, 2019.
- The Biology Keystone Exams will be administered on December 9 & 10, 2019.
- The English Literature Keystone Exams will be administered on December 11 & 12, 2019.
The links below contain informational documents relative to the administration of the PSSA and Keystone Exams. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who is eligible to take the PSSA or Keystone Exams, these documents have been (or will be) sent home:
1. Frequently Asked Questions - Information for Parents or Guardians
- Provides general information about the Pennsylvania Keystone Exams and PSSAs.
2. Electronic Devices Parent Letter
- Details the Pennsylvania Department of Education policy on and consequences for using cell phones and other electronic devices during testing.
School Policy on Electronic Devices
As explained in the Electronic Devices Parent Letter, cell phones and other communication devices are strictly prohibited during the test administration. The following actions will be taken if a student is found in possession of a cell phone during testing:
Any student who violates the ban on cell phones and other electronic devices will face a 3-day suspension at the minimum.
A "DO NOT SCORE" label will be applied to the student's answer booklet and the student will have to retake the test from the beginning.
The phone or communication device will be confiscated until such time that the child's parent or guardian comes to the school. In the presence of the parent or guardian, the cell phone or other device will be viewed to ensure that it contains no information or material about the assessment.
If items on an assessment are compromised, they will have to be replaced. Parents/guardians and students may be responsible for the cost of replacing the items.
More information about the Keystone Exams can be viewed here.